Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Thank You Supporters!!!

I have been blessed beyond my expectations with the tremendous support from friends and family and am happy to report that all my financial support has been raised!!!

To those of you who have taken advantage of this opportunity to support me, I want to express my sincere gratitude. Your words of encouragement, commitments of prayer, and financial support are such a huge blessing. Although you cannot all travel with us to Moneterrey, you truly have come alongside our team. I pray that the Lord will use our hands and feet to spread the Gospel as we seek to be a tangible evidence of His love. Without your support this mission trip could not happen.

As the trip rapidly approaches, please continue to cover us in your prayers. Specifically, that the Lord would work in my heart and in the hearts of my teammates; transforming our passion for soccer into a genuine care for the people we will be serving. It is my prayer that soccer would be only significant as a tool for sharing Christ's love. While we will be doing a lot of soccer stuff, my hope is that our focus would be on the bigger picture.

Also, please be in prayer for the church plant in Monterrey and the people in the community where we are serving. Our impact, although hopefully profound, will be limited by the short amount of time we'll be spending there. Please pray that the Lord would continue to spread the Gospel throughout the city of Monterrey and the nation of Mexico too!